CGU welcomes students who are currently enrolled at a university with which CGU has a valid student exchange agreement. The students need to be officially nominated by their home university to apply for the exchange program. Each home university has its own selection procedure. To learn more about how to participate in an exchange program, please contact your home university first.
🔸For the International Office from the partner universities, please fill out the nomination sheet.
🔸For students who are interested in 2023 CGU summer lab visit, please refer to the project list for CGU hosting professors and their project details for more information.
Exchange Program Schedule
|Schedule of Events||Deadlines (Taiwan Standard Time)|
(Semester 1 / Full year intake)
(Semester 2 intake)
|Nomination||February 28||September 30|
|Application||March 31||October 31|
Fall semester: begins in mid-September and ends in mid-January
Spring semester: begins in mid-February and ends in mid-June
- Application Form ( Download ) Admission permit will be prepared using this information so it must match your passport information exactly.
- Housing Application (Optional)： Male Students, Female Students. For more information on the CGU dormitory, please visit here.
- One Photo
- Passport Copy (Bio page)
- Official Transcript Submit an English version of a transcript from your home university.
- Nomination by Home Institution Coordinator Submit a letter or an email from your home institution coordinator indicating your nomination for an active formalized exchange program.
- Study Plan One-page study plan (describing your academic and personal goals for exchange along with a list of the courses that interest you from CGU's course catalog. * not required for the research project or internship
- Financial Statement A financial statement or a bank deposit statement should be submitted verifying that you or your family have at least NT$ 50,000 per semester. * not required for the research project or internship
- Tuition fees: based on the agreement signed by both universities.
- Student Safety Insurance (semester program only): exchange students are required to pay for student safety insurance (required by Ministry of Education); the fee is about NT$284 per semester.
- Living expenses: about NT$7,000-10,000 per month.
- Exchange students to CGU are required to purchase Health and Accident insurance (NT$1,000,000, approx. US$36,000) in home country or in Taiwan, which covers the entire period of the stay in CGU and in Taiwan. Proof of Health and Accident insurance is required upon registration.
- Optional: upon registration at CGU, students may choose to be part of the Student Safety Insurance, the fee is NT$299 per semester.