CGU welcomes students who are currently enrolled at a university with which CGU has a valid student exchange agreement. The students need to be officially nominated by their home university to apply for the exchange program. Each home university has its own selection procedure. To learn more about how to participate in an exchange program, please contact your home university first.
🔸For the International Office from the partner universities, please fill out the nomination sheet.
🔸For students who are interested in CGU exchange program, please refer to the designated fact sheet and 2023-2024 English-taught course list for more details.
🔸For students who are interested in 2023 CGU summer lab visit, please refer to the project list for CGU hosting professors and their project details for more information.
Exchange Program Schedule
|Schedule of Events||Deadlines (Taiwan Standard Time)|
(Semester 1 / Full year intake)
(Semester 2 intake)
|Nomination||February 28||September 30|
|Application||March 31||October 31|
Fall semester: begins in mid-September and ends in mid-January
Spring semester: begins in mid-February and ends in mid-June
🔸For university coordinators: please fill out the nomination sheet.
- Make sure you are nominated by home university.
- Fill out the application form.
- Check your email to see if you receive the application form (PDF).
- Forward the email you received to the Office of International Affairs (firstname.lastname@example.org) along with the signed application form and the below documents (in PDF or jpg format).
- Application Form Admission permit will be prepared using this information so it must match your passport information exactly.
- Housing Application (Optional)： Male Students, Female Students. For more information on the CGU dormitory, please visit here.
- One Photo
- Passport Copy (Bio page)
- Official Transcript Submit an English version of a transcript from your home university.
- Nomination by Home Institution Coordinator Please make sure you have been nominated by your home university coordinator.
- Study Plan (one-page) Please describing your academic and personal goals for exchange program.
- Financial Statement A financial statement or a bank deposit statement should be submitted verifying that you or your family have at least NT$ 50,000 per semester. * not required for the research project or internship
English Proficiency Certificate
Suggested level is CEFR B2, TOEFL IBT 72, IELTS 5.0, TOEIC 750 (or equivalent) for UNDERGRADUATE programs; B2, TOEFL IBT 83, IELTS 5.5, TOEIC 790 (or equivalent) for GRADUATE programs.
This requirement is waived for the applicants under the following circumstances:⚫ Applicants who study English-taught program at the home university.⚫ Applicants who come from countries where English is the official language.
- Tuition fees: based on the agreement signed by both universities.
- Student Safety Insurance (semester program only): exchange students are required to pay for student safety insurance (required by Ministry of Education); the fee is about NT$284 per semester.
- Living expenses: about NT$7,000-10,000 per month.
- Exchange students to CGU are required to purchase Health and Accident insurance (covering NT$1,000,000, approx. US$36,000) in home country or in Taiwan, which covers the entire period of the stay in CGU and in Taiwan. Proof of Health and Accident insurance is required upon registration.
- Optional: upon registration at CGU, students may choose to be part of the Student Safety Insurance, the fee is NT$299 per semester.