Jump to the main content block
 |   | 


Visa Information

Full-time degree students are advised to apply for a Resident Visa.

Resident Visa

  1. Visa application should be submitted to the ROC Embassies and Missions Abroad.
  2. Do not use visa-exempt entry or landing visa to enter Taiwan.
    report_problemPlease check with Bureau of Consular Affairs, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, R.O.C. and the ROC Embassies or Missions in your home country for the latest visa information and any supporting documents required.
  3. Required documents of Resident Visa:



    Application Form

    1. Fill out the online application form and print it out (please select: general visa applications → select resident visa & single entry).
    2. Please read the Q&A before filling out the form.

    Two color passport-size photos

    Two color passport-size photos with a white background taken within 6 months.

    Passport and one photocopy of it

    The passport must be valid for at least 6 months with blank pages left in it. One photocopy of the passport bio-page including the holder's picture is required.

    Original and one photocopy of Health Certificate

    1. The health certificate should be issued within 3 months by one of the local hospitals designated by the Centers for Disease Control of Ministry of Health and Welfare of the R.O.C. (Taiwan) or by an authorized foreign hospital. Health certificates issued by foreign hospitals must be authenticated by an R.O.C. (Taiwan) overseas mission.
    2. Please visit Taiwan Centers for Disease Control for the list of authorized hospitals overseas or contact the Embassies or Missions in your home country for the approved physician list.
    3. The health certificate may need to be notarized by the government agency in your country before submitting to Taiwanese Embassy / Representative Office for authentication.
    4. Q&A

    Original and one photocopy of admission permit

    For newly admitted students, please submit the original Admission Letter issued by Chang Gung University and its copy.

    Original and one photocopy of highest education diploma and transcripts

    1. For diplomas and transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English, a Chinese-translation or English-translation is also required (must be authenticated by an R.O.C. (Taiwan) overseas mission).
    2. The transcript should contain the records of all courses you have taken.

    Original and one photocopy of proof of financial support

    1. Please provide recent bank statements indicating the account balances.
    2. According to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Taiwan, tuition waiver can be part of your financial certificates; however, the total amount must be more the NT$ 200,000. If the documents are not under your name, the sponsor must be your relative within the third degree of kinship. A birth certificate or household registration will be required to prove your relationship with the sponsor.

    Other supporting documents

    Please check with Bureau of Consular Affairs, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, R.O.C.

    *Please note that visa issuance is an act of sovereignty. According to the "Statute Governing Issuance of R.O.C. Visas in Foreign Passport" and "Enforcement Rules for the Issuance of R.O.C. Visas to Foreign-Passport Holders", the R.O.C. reserves the right not to issue a visa and is under no obligation to disclose the reason. Application fee for non-issuance cases is non-refundable.

  4. Remarks:
    1. If you just graduated from other Taiwanese universities, please be sure to submit an application for an extension of your current Alien Resident Certificate (ARC) with CGU's admission letter, and send a copy of it to OIA.
    2. From our experience, some embassies or missions may issue visitor visas (with code: FS) to degree students instead of resident visas. In this case, students can enter Taiwan with the visitor visa first. After the registration, you can apply for a resident visa with the above required documents in Taiwan.
    3. Personal bank statements: it is highly recommended that students get them in their home country.
    4. If the financial statements are not in the name of the applicant, a declaration with signature from the sponsor must be provided, mentioning the relationship between the sponsor and the applicant and guaranteeing to support the applicant's whole expenses in Taiwan.
    5. Resident Visa holders (with code: FS) must apply for an Alien Resident Certificate (ARC) within 15 days after arrival. CGU will submit the applications for all new students who are residents of Taoyuan after the registration day. Please pay attention to OIA's notification. Students living in other cities should submit the ARC application by themselves.

Alien Resident Certificate

Students entering Taiwan with a resident visa must apply for an ARC within 15 days after arrival. A re-entry permit can also be applied at the same time. Information on ARC application will be provided later with the registration guideline.

Taiwan ID Number

Students entering Taiwan with a visitor visa (not able to apply for an ARC directly) could apply for a Taiwan ID number for banking or cell phone service.