Admission for International Students


I'm not sure whether I'm eligible to apply due to my nationality.
May I apply if I have dual nationalities?
You may under some circumstances. Please check the "Qualification for eligibility".
How to authenticate my diploma/graduation certificate and transcript?
Please contact Taiwan embassy or representative office in your/nearby country. "Ministry of Foreign Affairs“. In general, you need to have your original documents (graduation certificate and transcript of the highest degree attained) notarized by your country. The original highest degree graduation certificate and transcript then need to be notarized by the Taiwanese Embassy / Representative Office for authentication. If the transcripts and diplomas (or graduation certificates) are not in Chinese or English, please verify the original documents and the translation of the documents before you arrive in Taiwan.
There is no Taiwan representative office in my country. Where do I authenticate my documents?
If there is no Taiwan representative office in your country, you need to go to the nearby country to authenticate your original documents (graduation certificate and transcript of the highest degree attained). You can call the Taiwan Embassy to check whether they may handle the verification process for your country. Please visit "Ministry of Foreign Affairs" for further information on Taiwan Embassies.
My diploma and transcript have already been certified by my school or my government. Is it enough for "AUTHETICATION"?
No. You still need to bring those certified documents to Taiwan embassy to complete authentication.
How do I defer my studies?
For newly admitted students who cannot enroll in the University in the current semester due to illnesses or other special circumstances (such as military service, pregnancy, parenting or economic difficulty), they may apply to defer their enrollment before the date of classes begin. In addition, the authenticated academic credentials (degree and completed transcript) need to be submitted to University before requesting a deferral.The web address for suspension of studies form is